Wednesday 11 May 2016

Advice on switching from print/packaging to digital design?

Hi /r/Design.

Lately I’ve been thinking about making the jump to go from print/packaging design to digital design. I’ve a love for design in general, but the first job I landed happened to be in packaging–and it kind of, well, stuck.. Though I do enjoy it to some degree, I don’t have the passion with it and I want to move onto a medium I know I’ll love in digital.

I’ve dabbled in motion graphics, UX/UI, and web design for school projects, but nothing too portfolio worthy, and that was a few years ago. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on what I should do? Is it feasible to find some freelance work on the side to build my portfolio? I am willing to leave my current place of employment so I can gain experience even for smaller amounts of salary, but I am not sure if that is the smartest thing to do so any guidance is very much appreciated!

Thanks for reading :)



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 11, 2016 at 05:45PM by mysydeacc http://ift.tt/1qe7GQ3

No comments:

Post a Comment