Monday 26 December 2016

I have an interest in and an eye for design, but I'm not much of a visual artist. Is UX/UI design realistic for someone like me? How?

Hey /r/design,

I'm 26 and considering diving into the world of design: studying it then working in it.

Over the years, I've developed my own strong sense of what I love and hate in product and UX/UI design of the websites and objects around me. I've also developed a keen interest in the ethics of design (think "is it good for Facebook to be so addictively designed?").

I want to make the world better through good and empathetic design, but I'm not much of a natural drawer/sketcher/visual artist. Is there realistic opportunity for me in UX/UI design? If yes, how can I best kickstart this journey?

All advice and direction is greatly appreciated. :)

P.S. I'll be slowly hitting cities along the coast from Vancouver to LA in a stealth camper van over several months this spring. Feel free to throw out suggestions for design-related pursuits/people to learn from or enjoy.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted December 27, 2016 at 02:51AM by hrnnnn http://ift.tt/2ibTeZm

No comments:

Post a Comment