Thursday 1 December 2016

One-liner feedback on translation service site

Hello /r/design,

Thanks for having me. It's high-time my side-business got in front of potential customers, and that would be you guys. Among others.

Based on my own experiences with design agencies, your campaigns are translated/localised into multiple languages quite regularly, right? I've done some bits with Saatchi&Saatchi and a few London-based firms, so I'm not sure if translation would be more of a European thing, except for the mega-brands?

In any case, could you pop over to Linguaquote and let me know if it was something you'd be happy to use?

The front page copy I recently re-wrote as it sounded like a corporate lobotomy, but it's still not quite where I want it. I could perhaps do with images, but as we deal in words + I like fast sites + I can't design, that's why it is as it is atm - hopefully you guys might understand the decision for simplicity over bells and whistles on that front.

Many thanks in advance for any tidbits, one-liners you can throw my way, cheers.

PS - I've posted this over at /r/agency also, to see if there's any different feedback. I've been involved in the translation industry for over 10 years. It's basically split 50/50 with North America and Europe, at around $40bn a year and growing at some 10-15% yoy. But have I got in front of my potential clients for this business yet? Guilty...



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted December 01, 2016 at 03:31PM by luxpir http://ift.tt/2gZ08km

No comments:

Post a Comment