Wednesday 7 November 2018

I need help with designing an unusual design component.

Hey guys, I'm new to this sub. I have attached an image below, so let me explain what this image is and what the problem is:

https://imgur.com/hA5fJyA

Imagine this is an app that helps you get basic tasks done.

Now on the image there is a time line on the left hand side and there is a text box on the other side. The text box refers to a task that you might want to do. I want to be able to move this text box vertically up and down, so if the task has a 1 hour duration from 12-1, I can just drag and drop it down and the task will just change its time to 1-2.

Now hold that thought.

Now imagine a mac os x dock, when you hover your mouse on the app the app zooms in and enlarges.

Similarly I want the time line in my app to zoom in and enlarge so if i drag it, I can see more details about the precise time for each min on the right hand side and then I can precisely drop my task at maybe 1:04 to 2:04.

I hope i explained my problem well. This is what I want my design to do. Currently I just use sketch to make my designs and I wanted to know which tools will help me make such complex designs. I have seen many softwares like protopie, principle but there design capacity seems pretty limited and simple.

How should I proceed to solve this problem of creating this design. Is there a particular coding language that will help me do this? or a software? a course?

Any advice is greatly appreciated and please forgive me for any stupid questions I'm still new to this.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 07, 2018 at 12:52PM by 22dayz https://ift.tt/2Pd081w

No comments:

Post a Comment