Thursday 8 November 2018

Question after uni-lecture regarding the design process

First post here, hi.

During a lecture at uni we were shown an old video of how the design company Ideo worked on a shopping cart. While it was fun to watch, I got curious since the video seemed rather old. I asked the lecturer if this was an accurate description of how most design firms work with new projects still to this day, and he said that yes, it's pretty much the same.

Would you guys say that was an accurate statement by the teacher? What I mean is, in the video the design process seems pretty much like organized chaos. They seem very free in their process of creating, and while I'm sure they were working towards a tough deadline, the work seemed... chill, and enjoyable.

Not to say that I expect the process of making a product to be boring, but I just can't help myself... Is this really how the industry works?

Thanks, you guys have a good day.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 08, 2018 at 05:49PM by Teledogkun https://ift.tt/2qzFzhd

No comments:

Post a Comment