Sunday 4 November 2018

Ugliest colour combinations?

I'm making a simple game that's going to be kind like reverse X-Com: you'll manage an alien effort to infiltrate Earth, abduct humans, harvest their genetic information and research hybrids to eventually allow you to subvert the word's governments.

I want to make the interface properly Alien, so I've been thinking what kind of colour scheme I should use. Since alien aesthetics and even vision would be quite different from ours, I was thinking of making the interface just plain ugly, if not offensive.

I've been looking into this a little bit, but while there seems to be plenty of advice for good design, I'm having trouble reversing these instructions to come up with something unusual. Additionally, I don't want something painful to look at, like bright blue text on bright red background. Rather something ugly and/or disconcerting.

Any ideas?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 04, 2018 at 03:26PM by KKlear https://ift.tt/2zqBL5O

No comments:

Post a Comment