Thursday 1 November 2018

What are you thoughts on the art schools I’m applying to?

I’m a senior in high school and I want be go to school for graphic design. I’m applying to Pratt, Parsons, and RISD and I’ve already been accepted into SCAD, but I don’t know which one I want to go to.

When I was looking for schools one of my criteria was that it needed to be design focused as opposed to art focused. I’m not an artist and I don’t want to spend my time learning to sew or learning about post-impressionism in Albania (for example).

I feel that my schools all have that feeling with RISD being the most artsy of the bunch. My question is what have you heard about these schools and do you have any advice for me about picking one, assuming I get into more then just SCAD.

Another important part of my decision is the community within the school. I want to be in an environment where developing relationships with professors and other people and where discussions is common.

Thanks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 02, 2018 at 04:20AM by SirZar https://ift.tt/2zne2DF

No comments:

Post a Comment