Thursday 25 April 2019

How much is my project worth?

Hello all, I am looking to quantify how much my project is worth to my organization, and want to get some input from you all. I did look at the sub rules, and I don't believe this contradicts any of them.

My situation is this:

I work in a large, global company as a technical writer. We have a new portfolio of connected equipment and software we are producing, and we were in the need for a pre-implementation package for the customer. When a customer purchases the software, there is a bit of work the customer needs to complete before we can go out and implement. I proposed and created an web-hosted interactive PDF in InDesign and an interactive workbook in Excel. I really just want to know how much my work was worth to convey the savings to stakeholders. It's against our ethical standards to request a quote from our approved vendors if we have no intention of actually utilizing them, so that's out of the question. Below are specs for my project. I am looking to see how much this would cost at an average rate design firm.

Interactive PDF

  • 25 pages "slides"
  • Aligned to brand guidelines
  • Two 2-minute videos were created and embedded
  • Three separate 2-page printable documents were created (linked in the document)
  • Six pages incorporate complex object states for interactive elements
  • Embedded navigation down to the module level (I created an nav bar at the bottom to track progress and navigate between the five modules)

Excel Workbook

  • Eight designed worksheets (as much as you can in Excel)
  • Embedded interactive progress checklist and navigation

All-in-all, I probably spent about 70 hours between the two assets including back and forths for reviews. I'm happy to answer any other questions if I left key details out.

Thanks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 25, 2019 at 09:31PM by mnshane89 http://bit.ly/2IY9nP4

No comments:

Post a Comment