Tuesday 6 November 2018

Dealing with criticism, burn out, designer's block, etc...

I've been a professional designer for a long time and I've always considered myself 'above average' in terms of my skills. The last couple of years have been...rough.

I feel like I can't get my shit together, I feel like I can't make things people like anymore. I'm getting stuck in my own head worrying about criticism and if people will like what I make and it's starting to affect my work.

I hate everything I make. I won't even show my work to my own wife because I feel like she's going to have some negative comment about what I'm making.

The place where I work is one of those stupid open concept offices...people come up behind me all day long and have some fucking comment about what I'm working on. Ten minutes ago some dumb ass came up behind me and said "Oh, I don't like that." You know what? Get bent, lady.

What do you guys do to get out of this space? What do you do to get back into your groove?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 06, 2018 at 08:32PM by SeaTie https://ift.tt/2yX1SSy

No comments:

Post a Comment