Tuesday 16 April 2019

Help with pixelated text (GIMP, Canva, Photoshop)

I need to make a lot of guitar chords and I need a basic template to do that. I was not able to easily make a grid of lines in Canva, so someone suggested GIMP. I don't really like it but I was able to make a grid of the guitar strings and frets which I imported into Canva. I was able to easily and quickly put the circles and #'s on the circles in Canva after importing the GIMP grid.

Not the solution I was looking for, but it seems to work. I noticed that the transparent Canva file was 16 KB so I uploaded it into Photoshop to use the Save for Web option. which got it down to 3.4 KB. Wish it was less than a KB - and all files are PNG and the setting in PS was 16 for the PNG.

The problem is when I uploaded the image onto a temp post on my website, the text is pixelated. I was thinking of maybe doubling the size for everything and then halving it for the final image. But maybe it was importing a transparent background into PS that caused the pixelating of the text. I've created Pinterest pins using PS without any issues though at double the size then reducing the final image.

Does anyone know why this would be happening? What can I do to prevent the pixelated text? Thanks!

This is my test template: 240x320 px, resolution = 96 from Canva



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 17, 2019 at 02:10AM by kernix http://bit.ly/2v5IujZ

No comments:

Post a Comment