Sunday 14 April 2019

Need some basic help drawing lines in GIMP

I need to draw a couple of shapes that are guitar related. If I can figure out one, I can get the other. I need to draw a guitar chord shape that has 6 lines for the 6 guitar strings and another 6 lines which will create the 5 frets. I eventually will have to draw circles to place on the lines that are strings to indicate the notes to hold. So how do I draw the lines? With a pencil tool? And how do I make sure they are 100% vertical and horizontal? Do I create guides? I tried using the pencil from intersecting nodes of vertical and horizontal guides by I do not see the lines?

I'm starting with a 700 px wide by 800 px high canvas to be later reduced to either 350 x 400 or 175 x 200. I'll figure out the exact dimensions later, but how do I do that? I want a blank chord shape with no text for the chord name or circles for where to hold the strings so that I can use it as a template for each chord I want to create. I want 50 px borders on right, left and bottom and 100 on top. So I know where I should place my guides, but why am I not seeing the lines drawn? And if I do create one line, is there a way to copy it and place it on the remaining guides, and possibly change the thickness of the lines for the thickest to the thinnest guitar strings?

The image is one that took me forever to create in Canva. I rotated the canvas in PS so the strings go vertically. How do I create this basic shape? You can tell that these lines are not evenly spaced. I'm okay if I do not get a varying thickness of the lines.

https://i.redd.it/2reiu0o4j9s21.png



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 14, 2019 at 06:17PM by kernix http://bit.ly/2VKrlIe

No comments:

Post a Comment