Wednesday 17 April 2019

Small rant: why do companies still ask for a college degree for design? (at least in my country)

It makes no sense to me at least because most colleges give you an introduction to what design is about rather than actually educating you to an expert. I study 'media design' (whatever that is supposed to be) and when I see how we get stuff teached, I instantly notice on how slow paced it is so that anyone can become a designer supposedly. Why would a company hire a junior who went to college compared to an expert who educated himself at home in a more effective way?

EDIT: I live in the Netherlands FYI



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 17, 2019 at 11:50PM by BelusOfficial http://bit.ly/2Gt9Uqw

No comments:

Post a Comment