Tuesday 26 July 2016

Advice Needed - Website Cost Estimate

So, I have my first request to build a website. I've only every built my own (chelseasartistry.com), so I'm not entirely sure where to start with the estimate process. They gave me a sample website, said they pretty much want the same thing, same number of pages minus videos and blogs. It'll be an information only site, no e-commerce. They will provide all images (I'm assuming I'll have to do some color correction, hoping not. Do I include that on the estimate?), text, and logos. They also want me to include the domain and hosting.

On the estimate I've included the price of the domain and hosting rounded up to the nearest 10 to include a little extra for my time doing that. Do I use my own email address, do I use theirs, do I create a new email for this?

I've included an estimate of 3 hours for the initial design (master pages plus layout of other pages).

I've estimated about a half hour for each page (adding text and images onto the layout). The sample site he gave me had 125 pages.

I've included 2 hours for any corrections.

I will require a 10% deposit upon agreement of the estimate, 40% upon delivery of initial review, and the rest upon completion.

Am I missing anything? Am I over/underestimating my time? Any help or advice will be welcome.

Also, I'll be creating this in Adobe Muse... I'm not a coder. Props to those of you who are.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 27, 2016 at 03:07AM by sweetchelsearae http://ift.tt/2a6pRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment