Wednesday 27 July 2016

[Question] Employers, do you care for kinetic type motion designs or conceptual illustrations/motion designs?

I'm drafting my design portfolio projects currently, as I joined the program late and need to get the ball rolling. I'd like to incorporate some client-based work, but I might have to make due for now without it. I want to be a motion designer but I'm still fairly new to design so it may be quite a bite for me to chew at the moment.

Right now I have ideas along the lines of:

  • Infographics
  • Typographical Posters/Cards/etc.
  • Conceptual Illustrations/Photo-Manipulation
  • Brand/Merchandizing/Advertising (Logos, Intros, Re-Interpretations, Posters, Merchandise, etc.)
  • Publications (Print/Digital)
  • Kinetic Typography
  • Flat Animated Explainer Video
  • Conceptual Shorts (Gifs/Short Narratives)

What do you think? After dabbling in these areas I only planned on picking about 5 very quality projects I could focus more-so on. What 5 (or fewer) areas do you think I'd be best off pursuing?

Thanks for any help or advice!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 27, 2016 at 06:18PM by mydesignreddit http://ift.tt/2auJHIG

No comments:

Post a Comment