Sunday 25 September 2016

Bringing in an intern... What do you wish you'd learned *before* starting design school?

I'm a junior at a small web design & identity consultancy and will be working with an international student intern for about 3 months starting tomorrow.

Strangely enough, their program requires they do their internship at the beginning of their program rather than in their last year.

If you were to bring in an intern completely green to design process, marketing, design tools (creative cloud, etc.), where the hell would you start? One of the best things about my internship was actually doing client briefs and getting feedback, but I don't know if that'd be even possible without some experience with (at the very least) tools and fundamentals.

We're so ridiculously busy right now that I think I'd have trouble starting with the basics. (One idea I did have, however, was coming up with a fundamentals reading list.)



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 26, 2016 at 06:58AM by neogrotesque http://ift.tt/2dbYaa6

No comments:

Post a Comment