Friday 30 September 2016

Let's Debate This: Flat Design and Illustration

I've noticed that sometimes inexperienced designers use flat design and minimalism as excuses for poor design choices.

A decent portion of the candidates I interview lately all use flat design for everything as if it s the only style or way to design something. I've grown biased about it thinking it's lazy form of design.

note: I don't think all of flat design is lazy. Nor do I think all flat illustration is easy by any means either. I think it's used as a scapegoat for bad design.

It's something that some designers use for a scapegoat.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else noticed this? Is flat design lazy design for student designers? For people working professionally, how would you guys feel about seeing a plethora of portfolios only showing flat/minimalisfic designs?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 30, 2016 at 01:47PM by agoraphobic_mattur http://ift.tt/2dcK91D

No comments:

Post a Comment