Friday 30 September 2016

Question about design patents

I'm in the process of building a new journal/notebook. While looking for a manufacturer and talking with another business, I was informed that another company has a design patent on their "signature gold ribbon" (the bookmark). The notebook I have been crafting has yellow design marks throughout the interior as well, so I was intending to manufacture my ribbon in a yellow-orange color.

My question is: do they have the rights to a single color (like a hex code or Pantone color) or do I have to stay away from all shades of yellow?

I tried searching for the patent, but all I could find were what looked like design specs, nothing color related.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 30, 2016 at 11:47PM by princeaquababy http://ift.tt/2djSNYI

No comments:

Post a Comment