Sunday 27 January 2019

Who writes the design brief?

As a hobbyist designer I've been approached by a local organisation to create a new brand identity and help create some brand guidelines for an existing brand, in the past I've only done work for friends and family so I must admit I'm not 100% on the etiquette and process.

I understand the importance of having a design brief in place to provide something tangible to work towards that all parties are in agreement with and we've made arrangements to meet and discuss the work required. My plan was to take notes at the meeting and then create the design brief myself along with the quotation after the fact. Is this a good way to approach this situation? I've read some conflicting articles online (surprise surprise) suggesting just using a questionnaire or even allowing the client to create the design brief from an empty template.

Any help on this would be great! thanks in advance guys.

TL:DR - do I (the designer) write the design brief or rely on the client to provide a suitable brief/completed questionnaire?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 27, 2019 at 11:37AM by raitonaito http://bit.ly/2G0ifls

No comments:

Post a Comment