Tuesday 26 March 2019

How would you create a local map that won't print blurry? Non-designer working with a nonprofit, just need pointed in a direction please!

I'm a librarian so my graphic design skills are limited. Thanks to Canva this isn't usually an issue. Unfortunately, one of my community partners is asking for my help with a project and while I know how to do most of it I cannot for the life of me figure a way around one particular task: they want to include a map of the town with little markers/pins indicating various "tourist stops".

I estimate the paper will be about 11x17 in size (folded up into a pamphlet) and while the map doesn't have to fill the page, it obviously won't be very small so afaik screenshots are out. I've tried looking at various websites but most cost money which is fine but I can't get a grasp on whether any will actually allow me to generate a large enough map that I can - manually or otherwise - add markers to and then manipulate it in Publisher.

Does anyone have any tips for a non-designer that could get me going? I don't mind doing this for them or putting in the work, I'm just getting a bit discouraged. If this isn't a task I can do myself, I may just have to tell them I'm not the person to ask. :(



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted March 26, 2019 at 08:57PM by dollfaise https://ift.tt/2U0cHzy

No comments:

Post a Comment