Saturday 18 June 2016

My Dissertation Discussion: Presumptive Design, do you ALWAYS start with user research, or do you sometimes lead design work [for product design, but feel free to join the discussion!]

Evening all,

Most (Product) design starts once we know about the Market and the User. For my dissertation essay this year, I'm exploring design approaches where we presume facts about the user from what we know without engaging with them, perhaps presenting some initial concept sketches/ideas to the users as a first interaction, rather than forming surveys etc from the start, and in what circumstances this approach might be better than the traditional user+market research starting point.

I'm not officially starting this till September, but the earlier the better, I'm looking for discussion, your opinons, or where I might be able to pick up some good reading about this topic!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 18, 2016 at 10:05PM by CluelessCarter http://ift.tt/1Y1t0HY

No comments:

Post a Comment