Tuesday 19 July 2016

New client doesn't want to pay deposit

I've been freelancing for many years, but never have I had a client on retainer. I'm working through the very last stages of finalization on a contract for a monthly design fee and I've always required some sort of up-front payment, but this client is a larger corporation and says "they only pay after services have been rendered." On top of that, they have the (typical) 2-week processing delay for checks.

I hate to push back (afraid they'll just move to the next freelancer), but I feel like that's taking advantage a bit. I originally worded the contract that I'd be paid monthly on the 1st of each month, now they want to pay at the end of the month with a 2 week delay.

Worth pushing back or should I count my blessings that I've actually got a semi-long-term client?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted July 19, 2016 at 10:57PM by abevigodasson http://ift.tt/29KhRsD

No comments:

Post a Comment