Monday 12 September 2016

Career Advice

I will try to keep it short. I got my bachelors in Industrial Design. I worked 3 years as a packaging designer/graphic designer. Eventually I realized my loans were too much to handle on a designers salary. So I tapped into another skill set of mine - Leadership, organization, corporate soft skills, etc.

I am now working in IT as a Project Manager and I am doing quite well. I appreciate the responsibilities and how the life cycle can compliment the design process I was already used to.

However, It would pain me not to make it back to design somehow (when the time is right). I have been keeping my portfolio fresh with freelance opportunities. I am getting my PMP in December and I am willing to go for my masters.

What are some positions or titles or areas of work that would be a nice balance between design and project management? I have considered but haven't investigated types of product development, urban design PM, architecture PM.

At the end of the day I really want to end up being a leader somewhere in the design community. And I am gearing up to be more strategic with my career so that I can end up being apart of what I love.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 12, 2016 at 06:49PM by TJames6210 http://ift.tt/2c63dx2

No comments:

Post a Comment