Saturday 10 September 2016

I was contacted by a recruiter from Paladin representing a Fortune 500 company, offering Contract to Hire.

I almost didn't reply, but I'm in the market for a new job (though still currently employed in a Graphic Design position at a small agency) and thought it couldn't hurt to talk to him.

We scheduled a phone call, and I sent him my resume, portfolio, and reel. The call itself seemed to go really well, the recruiter said he liked my portfolio, and felt my body of work was in line with his client's. (Who's name I've left out just to be cautious, though it is a definitely a reputable company) The position itself would be an internal creative position within the company, but I would be "contract to hire" where I work as a contractor for 6 months before possibly being hired full time. and when it came to pay, the number he quoted was a substantial increase for where I am now.

All in all he made it seem like I'm a perfect fit for the job, and that I would hear back in a few days, but I guess what I'm wondering is:

a)does anyone here have any experience with recruiters?

b)is it too good to be true? I've never been approached by a recruiter before, and I'm afraid to get excited, I also don't want to get taken advantage of...



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 10, 2016 at 08:55PM by SpiffmasterPrime http://ift.tt/2cu5Rf9

No comments:

Post a Comment