Wednesday 21 September 2016

Questions about freelancing online

Hello everyone, Just for context, I'm a recent college graduate with a degree in Graphic Design from Florida. I've been struggling to find steady employment here, so I was considering to start freelancing online to gain some experience. I talked to a couple of my professors, and the claimed that until you are making over 80k a year freelancing you don't need to worry about licences or fees as long as you just file self employment for taxes. But all the research I've done online seems to tell me otherwise. That I might need a bunch of licences and fees to do this legally. So I'm a little confused on what exactly is the legal way to free lance graphic design online. Can anyone help me out here? Do I need any licenses or pay fees to get started? If so, what kind should I get? How much do they cost? How do I get started? What are some good resources to find this stuff out? If this is the wrong subreddit I apologizes. I didn't know where else to post this. If anyone knows other subreddits I can ask about this please do let me know. Thank you.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 22, 2016 at 03:54AM by AtMichaeljFabiano http://ift.tt/2d1gOFu

No comments:

Post a Comment