Sunday 18 September 2016

School or no school

I'm a 20 year old graphic designer. I've completed one year of university in a related field. As I'm entering the second year I feel like I'm wasting my time with work that doesn't pertain to my field. I landed a part time position as a designer at a large well known media company and have been doing very very well there. At this company I helped lead the design of a large project for one of the biggest companies in the world and pitched it successfully. Before that I was freelancing for multiple known international clients. I know I have what it takes in a professional environment both for traditional graphic design and UI/ web design. Should I drop out and get started with my career. I'm curious what everyone's thoughts and experiences are with having a degree as a designer vs not, and if it would hinder my chances of landing a position at one of the big three tech companies. Thanks a lot.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 19, 2016 at 02:20AM by banksied http://ift.tt/2cLjjIi

No comments:

Post a Comment