Friday 20 January 2017

Creative live music shows examples?

Hey,

for my architectural master thesis I’m investigating creative use of light, visuals and motion in live music shows.

Few examples I’m already researching and analyzing are

but also completely instrumental shows like

I was wondering if any of you know any interesting examples that go beyond regular use of visuals during concerts, similar to ones I linked above. I am starting this discussion obviously to find more examples to base my research upon, but hopefully also to start some discussion about this topic.

Examples I find most interesting are those which, like Kanye’s floating stage, introduce (although copied as I heard) completely new experience and relation between viewer and artist. Projects like U2’s giant 360 stage ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpk8wRhoRnQ ) are obviously cool, but somehow they seem more like demonstration of power rather than attempt to create better, more engaging live music show experience.

Oh and yeah, I'm posting this on few more subs, but since this topic involves quite few disciplines I hope it’s not a crime.

Peace and thanks for any answers!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 20, 2017 at 01:11PM by partyka http://ift.tt/2j1DiZ4

No comments:

Post a Comment