Monday 16 January 2017

Getting to know field better

I'm trying to learn design completelly by my own for around a year now. I read some books, do some (mostly free) work for my faculty (I'm studying something far, far away from design and it's another story why I can't change it).

But I feel like I'm still apart from the field. I don't know a lot of influential designers, I don't know classic must-read books on design (especially when it comes to narrower fields), I don't know some important historical stuff, I don't know a lot of "standart" sites and blogs I'd better follow -- in short I don't know what I don't know, I don't know where to look to compare my work with important stuff. (Also I live in Russia, where culture of design is pretty poor. Important local stuff I can manage, but there's only a handful of trustworthy sources).

Can you help me in any way? Anything would do -- personal recomandations, some lists, maybe something like a program of great design universities (so I could somehow imitate studying in them by reading specific books, I imagine this could help).



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 16, 2017 at 09:36PM by mukintaras http://ift.tt/2jCZ0Rr

No comments:

Post a Comment