Sunday 1 January 2017

Undergrad application essay

An essay + portfolio is required at one of the universities I'm applying to for architecture, and I've been having trouble coming up with what to say. The three main questions they're asking are my educational goals, my interested in my selected program, and why I am applying there.

Educational goals would be becoming a fully licensed architect, so reaching the level of education I need for that.

I'm interested in architecture, but I don't know how to explain why. I tried brainstorming and came up with ideas like: - how it effects people's daily lives, - how it effects the environment, - historical and cultural aspects, - architects leave something behind (obviously not each one but the greatest, even if they're unknown the architecture remains), - there are a lot of options when it comes to design, I can come up through studying architecture and explore other fields like fashion, all kinds of design, - creating functional art (because buildings are beautiful), - I feel as if it is something I could do for the rest of my life and still be interested and passionate about (however I'll only ever know once I actually go through the process and work through all of it). All I came up with as to why I want to attend the university is because I had done research on the internet, that I've heard good things from other people, and their co-op program is apparently really good. It's hard for me to move past "the university is highly regarded nationally and internationally" which I know isn't saying much at all..

These are just some points I came up with to try and get my thoughts together. I'm having trouble starting to write the essay, I would just like to ask for some help on how I could think about the why in all of this, why I am interested in architecture, why I want to attend that university. I know it's something only I can answer because the question is why I want to do it, but maybe some of you have advice on how I could figure that out and put my thoughts together. All I know for sure is that I want to study architecture and work in design.

Thank you for anything in advance :)



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 02, 2017 at 01:25AM by dankerthanu http://ift.tt/2i0B0GE

No comments:

Post a Comment