Sunday 27 May 2018

My student project might be adapted into the real world. How do I get compensated fairly?

Hey! So I just graduated college a few weeks ago and on a whim, I forwarded my student branding project to the restaurant I rebranded during my time at school (a local business), just to let them know it's out there and wondering if they wanted to take a look at it. They said they liked it and asked me to give them a call this week.

I wanted to prepare in case they were interested in wanting to adopt the branding, or parts of it (a logo, menu design, takeout packaging, and social media). I've been trying to ballpark something reasonable for both me as a grad trying to make money, and a small business with their first opportunity to have a solid, cohesive brand.

I figured I would ask some other designers about their experiences or what to consider/look out for. I've been looking over the Graphic Artists Guild handbook for advice, but I figured since restaurant branding is pretty common, this sub could have some good advice!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 27, 2018 at 07:34PM by jean_kirschfine https://ift.tt/2LAclrR

No comments:

Post a Comment