Tuesday 22 May 2018

[Request] Beautiful redditors of r/Design, lend me your help!

I am currently working on a paper for my final exam, and I need some help finding a good online source for gestalt principles within design.

I am trying to link it with kids, creativity, education and subliminal design, where I have had two different middle school classes from different grades (which are kept anonymous) shade a drawing I gave them, just to see how they would do.
The drawing I did is very gestalt theoretic, with a lot of unfinished forms of faces and figures, and it was intention to see if the kids would not only actively try to find the figures, but also what they would emphasize.

I am asking for this as I have no good textbooks right now that can be easily referred to, and my deadline is approaching way faster than I was first informed.

If you want to see what sort of drawing it was, it was this one:
https://i.imgur.com/XnETRtk.png
As you can see, you can flip and rotate it as you want yourself, and still find new forms and faces. Can you see what I mean about it following gestalt principles, especially the "finishing principle"?

Thank you for your help, I deeply appreciate it.

(and if a mod finds this post unsuitable, then I may kindly ask for where I can go on reddit for this information.)



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 22, 2018 at 10:50AM by trinketstone https://ift.tt/2KIZwdm

No comments:

Post a Comment