Thursday 3 January 2019

(Dutch) UX/UI Designers, what can I do to be better and what salary can I expect fresh out of college

Hi there, I have a few more questions but let me give some background info first;

I’m still in school as of now and I’m expecting to be finished with my bachelors degree (HBO) in 2,5 years. I’m planning to do a masters (1 year) and professional English course after that to make me stand out of the crowd a little (since I’m a woman and it’s a male dominated field). I’m horrible at coding so right now I’m heading more in the interaction design direction and planning/wireframing/sketching/UI is more my thing.

I’ve also already finished an education of 3 years in graphic design (MBO). I’m working on my online portfolio/website and already work as a freelancer (hourly rate of €40). I make websites on squarespace (since I suck at coding but have the strategy of making a site down). I make enough to have a little pocket money on the side but don’t have nearly enough customers (about 1 every 2 months). Here’s a site I made so you can see what I’m capable of. (I prefer desktop view)

  1. What more can I do to make myself the best candidate you can imagine?
  2. Is starting out as a freelancer fresh out of school a good idea? How do I start?
  3. If I decide to work as an employee anyway what can I expect as a starters salary?
  4. How can I get more customers right now? (I prefer to work with small companies)

Thanks a lot!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 03, 2019 at 07:38PM by Graphicteasey http://bit.ly/2F98a5A

No comments:

Post a Comment