Wednesday 7 September 2016

Home decorating: does dark brown wood go well with black? Is it ok to mix the two in your decor?

I'm trying to replace most of my furniture (gradually over time) and I want to make sure that I have a cohesive style and color scheme going forward. I was leaning toward a minimal, black-and-white (with metal accents) color scheme with some basic art deco styling.

Currently, the only item I own that I'm not willing to replace is a brand new kitchen table set, which is dark brown walnut (I think...it's damn heavy).

I'm currently eyeballing some lamps I like at Target (of all places), which are black and brass. But I'm not sure if black goes well with dark brown. My table is about the same color as the table on the right in the Target photo.

I'm probably way overthinking this. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and as a result I've barely decorated the apartment I've lived in for 4 years.

Thanks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted September 07, 2016 at 08:00PM by BevansDesign http://ift.tt/2cprNqm

No comments:

Post a Comment