Sunday 2 October 2016

Looking for design workflow help

TLDR: I'm the only person in a large design group that sees that we're about to be hamstrung by the massive amount of redundant work we have coming in, what are some workflow and efficiency tools and resources I can dig into that might help us?

The longer version: I recently started working for a pretty large design agency that has seen itself grow by leaps and bounds over the last several years. In my last job, I was the only graphic designer for a large entity, with almost zero oversight of my job. That meant I could establish my workflows however I decided would be the most efficient for me. When I took this new position, I was afraid that all of my workflows wouldn't be up to snuff and I would have a steep learning curve, but I was frankly embarrassed by how chaotic this new organization is.

We are projected to grow over the next year, and possibly needing to add even more people to keep up with the work, but a large amount of it is stock content material we just slap their info and logo onto. I've convinced my boss to let me convert these over to data merge templates, and it's saving us a lot of time, but I know there's even more we can be doing to make it more streamlined. I'm worried that our entire design team is going to get split into "real designers" and "glorified data entry". I'm having a hard time finding design specific workflow and efficiency resources online. Are there any resources I'm missing? Thanks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 02, 2016 at 03:23PM by spiraldawn http://ift.tt/2cVfh2V

No comments:

Post a Comment