Friday 21 October 2016

Where do i start?

Context: I'm a psych BA (useless, I know) with an interest in design that I'd like to turn into a career. I'm planning to apply to HCI and design programs this winter but I have absolutely no idea where I stand. I have an interest in interface design specifically but I don't know how true that will hold if/when I start studying more.

I don't really have a portfolio per se, but I've spent time in Google Drawings making my resume look nice (yey?) and I've spent countless hours in WoW customizing the interface. I think those things are at least a starting point but I don't know! I have a tumblr where I post them! Is it useful? Don't ask me!

Of course, I've heard the same thing a ton: "Play with Photoshop! Just go crazy!" Which, besides the issue of Adobe products themselves, is the most useless advice for me because I don't have any direction or goals in that case. I need something concrete. Do I try to make a business cards? Logos? More resumes?? Should I be focused on a killer personal statement and good references just to get in? Who knows! Not me! I don't even know if this post should go here! I just want an inkling of direction and hoped I could get some advice here.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted October 21, 2016 at 02:22AM by synchrxny http://ift.tt/2eyUWyb

No comments:

Post a Comment