Wednesday 4 January 2017

Just starting out - how should I price my services?

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong sub! Let me know which one would be better.

I have recently been approached by a company to do a brand redesign & some promotional materials for them. I have done a few freelance jobs like this before, but I have always seemed to low-ball my prices and end up losing out. I have been charging a fixed price for each deliverable the company wants me to produce, as opposed to an hourly rate. I'm not sure if that is the right move, but it seems to work well with the customers I am designing for. I need to approach this company with my prices, but I really don't know where to start when it comes to pricing for my time & my work.

I'm not sure if any of this is relevant, but I am from Toronto, Canada with 7 years of design experience.

I would be so appreciative if I could get some guidance! Thanks again.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 04, 2017 at 06:22PM by SplashesOfKoolAid http://ift.tt/2j5kNQB

No comments:

Post a Comment