Wednesday 4 January 2017

Stock photos

Hello, Redditors and designers all over the world.

I just joined into this world of designing and I would like to ask you a few questions about stock photos.

  1. WHY are some stock photos free for commercial use? What do authors of the photos gain from offering a photo that can be used by others in profit purposes?

  2. If I use a free stock photo from the internet i get no invoice or proff that the photo is free, right? Let's say over years the site I took the free photo from, closes. How can I prove then that the photo was free in the first place?

  3. If I download a lot of free stock photos at once that don't require credits or something and I intend to use them in the future, again, HOW do I prove they are free and me, clients and the companies I may work with are safe away from Copyright issues?

  4. Is there any strategy in working with free stock images?

Thank you very much guys! Have an awesome day!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted January 04, 2017 at 06:32PM by ItsMeMoonlight http://ift.tt/2iIOI4M

No comments:

Post a Comment