Saturday 19 August 2017

Billing a client a percentage of sales instead of hourly? need advice

Hey guys hope you can help me out. I've had a musician/dj client for 2 years now just doing event fliers and his art/logos for a flat rate or hourly. But now he wants to release his high-end streetwear fashion line and sell it, but needs me to create the graphic portion of it, including the logo that will be printed on the clothes. Since these clothes are being sold, it's smarter to charge a percentage of sales right? 1. Is that a good idea. 2. How do I go about doing that and most importantly 3. What's a typical percentage to charge a client for work like this? I'm really confused on how this works because I haven't done this before, I've been billing hourly or per project my whole career. Please advise, thanks!

edit: thanks theroycecheng for your comment, the flair bot deleted the original thread because I forgot to flair the post.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted August 19, 2017 at 04:55AM by StrictClubBouncer http://ift.tt/2xcQw9C

No comments:

Post a Comment