Thursday 24 August 2017

Grabbing non-design job to allow me to focus on learning After Effects. Best way to quickly learn?

Hey everyone! I've been out of school for a few years, but i've been actively designing and pushing myself to be better. Unfortunately I haven't managed to have a full time design career.

With some money from a temp job I did for a few months in addition to some tip money I was able to afford a brand new imac and a year of adobe CC. Until now I have been using CS6, which didn't include After Effects. So I was excited to try out some new programs.

I've always loved illustration, and for a while I tried to use t-shirt design as my medium for that, but it's very tough competition. So I tried After Effects and it's been really refreshing and fun for me, and something I see myself doing.

I got a job at a local coffee shop that offers full time and benefits to help me sustain myself while I learn After Effects, and will ideally give me some management experience to grab a project manager position somewhere down the line.

That being said, I have been progressing at a decent pace, but I feel like I could be learning a little faster with guidance. Is it worth it to try to learn it by myself or would going through a skillshare type program work?

TL;DR: Best place to learn AE fast?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted August 25, 2017 at 02:11AM by sneezypanda http://ift.tt/2wDd9HU

No comments:

Post a Comment