Wednesday 29 November 2017

Employer won’t credit the designer (me)

I’m currently a freelance designer, finishing up a 3-week contract with a small magazine publisher in Chicago.

As we near the deadline, the editor removes my name from the masthead without telling me. She did this not for the sake of spacing or design, but because I don’t earn being credited until I’ve worked with them for three months. That’s typically their policy for inclusion in the masthead.

However, this is not their typical magazine; they (I) have redesigned the entire issue and introduced a brand new aesthetic. Having played such an integral role in the magazine, I feel like I’ve earned some recognition for my work.

The director is out of the office today so the editor and I will discuss the matter with her tomorrow, but I’d like to know what you think. Do you agree with me? Am I off-base on this one? How would you approach the conversation? In your opinion, important is recognition?

TLDR — Employer might not give me credit for a project. How do I approach that conversation?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 29, 2017 at 05:13PM by UlixesDires http://ift.tt/2il6Fbq

No comments:

Post a Comment