Tuesday 21 November 2017

I can do casual design work really really well but if given with a design task (from a client), I succumb to pressure. Am I fit for a design job?

poorly written title I know.

what I wanted to explain was that I enjoy design work for personal purposes. I take inspiration from the world around me and come up with something that I am proud of, and which other people loved and adored.

I was so happy with my work, I thought I could become professional and so I advertised my work and landed a pretty decent client, who wanted a t-shirt design for their upcoming line of clothing. They gave me full creative freedom, aside from the no. of colors I could use due to printing limitations, but I just had a 'designers block' and just completely succumbed to pressure. I came up with nonsense junk and left the client disappointed. I do not know what happened to me. I guess having a client made me think about their expectations, requirements, deadlines, details and I put in more thought into that than into the design work.

this happened twice, not even just one time, hence me posting for help here. when the work is casual (making something for portfolio, giving advice to a friend), i am able to do my absolute best, but as soon as the work becomes professional and there are expectations from me, my work goes down the gutter.

i do not know how to deal with this so I am asking y'all for help. is this something that I can work on and if so how? else am I just not mentally fit for a work environment?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted November 21, 2017 at 07:09AM by p8q9y0a http://ift.tt/2znBKm4

No comments:

Post a Comment