Monday 25 December 2017

Changing careers: Steps, advice, etc.

Wanting to make a change and use 2018 as the year I do it. I have been doing graphic design in the publishing industries and distribution industries for almost 10 years now and career-wise I have been comfortably successful regarding both salary and the places I’ve worked, so this is less about misery and more about mystery? I have really wanted to become more adept in web design & dev/UX/UI. I have dabbled in this on a small scale for the last two years in my current position and I found myself really intrigued and motivated by these aspects I was not too great at. I’ve been looking into all the various web academies and courses as well as local groups and even certification programs through my local universities. So to those of you who have transitioned from a similar place, what steps did you take and what kind of timeline did you personally experience while preparing for making the leap? I’m giving myself the year of 2018 to put aside about 12-15 hours a week to put into this new chapter and just want some personal success stories or insight into any struggles you came across along the way. Cheers, merry Christmas and happy new year to all ya fine folks!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted December 26, 2017 at 03:47AM by thejamielee http://ift.tt/2BS4AMo

No comments:

Post a Comment