Saturday 23 December 2017

My work has been blatantly plagiarized by a fellow student and she will not admit to it. Advice?

Hi everyone, as the title states, a student a year behind me plagiarized one of my projects, pretty obviously.

In spring of 2016, I took Typography II, as it was a required course. Our entire semester revolved around creating a book about four languages (Chinese, Farsi, Arabic, and Devenagari), which included writing the content as well as creating the layouts and the whole shebang, basically.

Yesterday, the art department (or maybe just people who took her class) was sent an email about a show in that was showcasing a lot of the student's books that were made for that class. Included was this photograph (I zoomed in on the relevant part). This is the cover created by a girl who took her class this previous semester, fall 2017.

Here is a photo of my cover.

If you look at typography, the colors, the aesthetics.... it's all pretty blatant. Even the descriptions are EXACTLY the same.

I emailed the professor of the class alerting her to the situation at hand, but she has yet to respond (she was never the best with emails).

I decided to message the girl who plagiarized my work on Instagram and address my concerns and hope that she would fess up or apologize but she did not apologize. We took a class together this semester and I had talked to her about the project as I had previously taken the course. I showed her my website and the project on it as well, but she states she didn't remember ever seeing it.

Then she blocked me on Instagram.

So that's where the situation currently stands... it's incredibly frustrating. I've never been in his situation and I'm not sure how to move forward.

Thanks for reading.

TL;DR: Girl copied almost identically a book cover design I created and will not admit to it.

EDIT: I apologize for the poor quality images, I'm doing this all from my phone.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted December 23, 2017 at 01:53PM by JewBoySandler http://ift.tt/2DEXKar

No comments:

Post a Comment