Saturday 16 December 2017

What do you do first, brainstorm or research?

Usually I always would research the subject of my project. To give an example. This project we had to design something which would be of use to make Highschools better.

The first thing I did was research everything about highschools, and the 'problems' they experience. Quickly is was clear that there were a lot of problems... The research scope got a little big. Only after that we did brainstorming, which didn't go very well. This is a 20week project, almost finished, but not happy with the result at all.

So, now with a new project. I reversed what I did. So first brainstorming, and only after going into all kind of directions, think about questions for research.

I've a feeling this works much much better.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted December 16, 2017 at 06:21PM by xynaxia http://ift.tt/2kA1MYY

No comments:

Post a Comment