Saturday 23 December 2017

Colorblind Designer, I have questions on 'Color Setting' in Adobe Bridge?

Hi all! I may be over-thinking this, but when it comes to color, I always try to ask before making changes.

I've been designing professionally since 2013, but managed to work almost exclusively in black-and-white. Anyway, things have picked up quite a bit recently, and I'm getting A LOT more color requests.

I'm not completely colorblind, but I have issues with reds/greens, blues/purples, and some tones. I've managed to develop workflows that help me avoid a lot of issues from my colorblindness; however, I've been working a lot between programs and just learned about Color Settings in Adobe Bridge.

Currently it is set to "North America General Purpose 2," but I wanted to shift it to "Monitor Color" since most of what I do is meant for digital production.


So here are my questions:

1 - Does changing this effect anything beyond my own programs? (as in, does it change the end result for clients if I work in one setting or the other?)

2 - Are there any limitations that either option creates which I need to be aware of?



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted December 23, 2017 at 05:37PM by matthewsmazes http://ift.tt/2BV6etu

No comments:

Post a Comment