Sunday 29 April 2018

I have an interview on Wednesdaay for a 3D Generalist/ motion design role. What questions should I be asking?

Hey guys,

I'm going in for an interview on Wednesday for a 3D generalist/ motion design role; more of a 3D generalist role than notion design but that's fine. It's for a junior position which will be my first job in this industry.

I'm unsure of what questions I should be asking as I haven't had a proper interview since my job in retail whilst I was in college some 6 years ago. For example I have no idea what kind of salary I'll be expecting. I'm thinking of diverting the question when they ask what I'm after and instead asking what they'll be offering someone in my position as I really have no idea how much I can get for a junior role. I do think I'm more advanced for a junior role however I could be being big headed as I'm not sure of what other juniors designers are capable of so there's that... they answered my application within the hour so that's a good start anyways!!

I know I can Google this however I'm after questions which are more specific to the role I'm being interviewed for, though I'm also asking for general questions as well as its been a long time since my last interview. Even then I had the job before being interviewed anyways!

I'm really hopeing to score this as its my first job in the 3D industry after self teaching for damn too long. I'm excited and scared at the same time as I don't want to fail this opportunity.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Here's the job list:

What will you be doing?

Modelling and texturing the latest products from blue-chip clients.

Assisting team members on challenging large-scale projects.

Creating photorealistic environments

Producing high quality, dynamic CG videos.

Creating catalogue quality CG images.

Collaborating with the Edit team for VFX elements, post grading and translations.

Working with the Art Department developing storyboards.

The job sounds varried which is nice :)

Thanks guys.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 29, 2018 at 05:29PM by lilpopjim0 https://ift.tt/2HXHypH

No comments:

Post a Comment