Tuesday 24 April 2018

Need advice with uni degree/life from more experienced people

So, I'm not entirely sure if it's the right sub, but couldn't find any more fitting. I'm 21 now, studying UI/UX related course, and not sure what to do. I'd appreciate if someone who has been in the industry for a while could give me some advice.

2 years ago I was studying Computer Science but noticed that it lacked something for me. I decided to apply for a course in UK (I'm from Eastern Europe) which kinda merged technology and design. I don't have a huge design background, but I managed to get in.

Fast forward 2 years, and I'm 7 months into the course. I feel like we don't even learn much during lectures, I became a bit bored with the whole UX thing and started exploring other areas of the industry, like graphic/motion design, illustration etc.

Now I could finish the course, but it takes a lot time (2 years) and money (9k pounds/year), far too more for something I'm not sure about. I could also change courses, or take a year off and then see what to do. Another option is going back to my country and starting studying product design which is free there. It's also not the best option, since I already made friends here, and coming back to study, say, postgrad in the UK afterwards could be complicated (student loan).

Obviously I don't expect somebody to decide for me, but if someone with experience could give me a bit guidance it would be great.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted April 24, 2018 at 04:35PM by HedgehogInACoffin https://ift.tt/2vGbvpr

No comments:

Post a Comment