Tuesday 31 May 2016

How much should I ask for for a UX role? (X-post r/userexperience)

I've read a bunch of surveys and have looked at the responses to similar posts, but I'm hoping to get a response that's a little bit more relevant to me.

I am from Atlanta and recently graduated with bachelor's degree. I have about 2 years of experience. I recently finished interviewing for a mid-level position at a relatively well-known design firm. They are interested in hiring me, and I am interested in working there! I'm not certain what the title is, but it looks like I will have the opportunity to do a lot of different types of design work (research, concept dev., wireframing, visual design, testing).

I am also interviewing with two other much larger companies for similar positions. They each have in-house design teams, and, should they decide to extend offers, I am expecting them to be ~$80-85k. I am aware that design firms typically pay less than corporations.

How much should I shoot for with the firm? It seems like great opportunity, but I've seen a lot of conflicting data online, so I want to make sure I'm not lowballing myself. I don't know much about benefits yet.

If there is anything that I need to clarify, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 01, 2016 at 04:51AM by Guepardita http://ift.tt/1r2rWoa

No comments:

Post a Comment