Saturday 5 May 2018

Branding (client's perspective)

Hi everyone,

I'm starting an apparel Shopify store and knowing how important branding is for a shirt business, I looked around for someone to work on a logo. I found someone and he quoted me $550. He also mentioned a brand guideline, and I asked if I would be able to use this brand guideline for choosing the colors on the Shopify site, and he said he wanted to clarify that it would pertain only as a brand guideline to the logo since that was the original task. I got confused because I thought a brand guideline could be all encompassing, but he told me that although a logo should be complementary and fit into the brand identity, it is not all encompassing as the brand identity. He told me the color scheme for a logo doesn't necessarily match the main color scheme of a site nor is the font used for the fonts used on other mediums communicating the brand. But can a Shopify designer be able to take the logo guideline and successfully design and lay out the site without a brand identity guideline?

He then told me about a corporate brand identity package that he would be able to complete for me for $750, which he usually charges $850 for. Now based on what I'm seeing from my research, this deal seems to good to be true. Why is he charging so low? And would it be a good idea for me to go with package? I don't think it would hurt, but as I'm still in an experimental phase, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.

Thanks in advanced!



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 05, 2018 at 07:48PM by treksterjay https://ift.tt/2jAti8t

No comments:

Post a Comment