Saturday 5 May 2018

Threaded/nested mobile comment section UX problem

I'm building a mobile application that is supposed to encourage conversation, and one feature is being able to comment on posts, as well as comment on comments.. essentially a threaded comment system.

This can get very messy very quickly, especially on mobile, so I'd be curious to know what you guys think of my solution that I currently developed for my app.

So the way I have it is something like this:

Example

So essentially, each comment has a replies button, and when you click on it it takes you to a new screen where the comment is the "main text" and it has x amount of comments below.. essentially offering infinite nested/threaded comments.

Is this a good UX implementation? I think it works.. perhaps not brilliantly, but I don't know if you can make a brilliant implementation of threaded comments for mobile.

I think one potential addition I could do to make it better is that in the second screen maybe show the original post as well, so users don't forget/lose the context of the post.

What do you guys think? Any feedback would be great! Thank you.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted May 05, 2018 at 04:07PM by SimonFOOTBALL https://ift.tt/2FLeEEc

No comments:

Post a Comment