Thursday 28 June 2018

Rectangular Repeatable Pattern

So I made a pattern, cool.

I then decided I wanted some more variety in the pattern so I doubled the width and height, took some time but I made it double the width, but I didn't make it double the height.

The pattern still works, but it is no longer "square"

Will I run into any problems in the future with this method? Is there any good reasoning why I shouldn't make a rectangular pattern instead of a square pattern in practical uses?

I can't think of any, personally, it still repeats perfectly, but I might go back in and double the height just for more variety again, just wondered if anyone had run into any problems using a pattern that wasn't exactly w=h.



Great design resource

100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People (Voices That Matter) Submitted June 28, 2018 at 03:41PM by xgoggsx https://ift.tt/2IyNEcy

No comments:

Post a Comment